Second Presbyterian Church is celebrating its 175th year as a congregation. The church was organized on June 1, 1842 and has been a functioning house of worship continuously for one hundred seventy-five years. Since the sanctuary of the church contains 175 angels depicted in murals, stained glass windows, carved wood and molded plaster, the church has chosen “In the Company of Angels” as the theme for the year-long celebration. Several community events are being planned along with a hand-made quilt featuring 175 angels and a memorial booklet. The church re-dedication service will occur on Sunday, June 4, 2017.